Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pleasant Surprises

I absolutely love it when I find something but have no idea what it is, then finding out it's something awesome! Sometimes it takes a few hours of research but it's like solving a mystery. With each Google search you get a new clue until finally by Jove, you got it! For example, I found a grab bag of weird metal pieces at a thrift store yesterday.

                              

I had no idea what they were but I wanted to find out. The game is afoot! The bag was .99 so it was worth the risk. I got them home and started my investigation. Are they belt buckles? Medieval torture devices? Really tiny bear traps? After about 2 hours I finally figured it out! They are 18th century shoe buckles! Crazy right? I am the proud owner of some pilgrim's footwear. Honestly, they are probably reproductions, but they are still pretty cool and worth more that .99! Like I said, you never know what you will find! Happy picking!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment